On Tuesday, September 21st both groups of Transition Year and LCA students will take part in a team building day at Oysterhaven in West Cork. To take part in this activity students must submit and return two forms before 9am Thursday, September 16th. Information regarding these two forms can be found in the Safety Procedures below.
All students will take part in a number of activities on the day, some of which will take place in water and others which will take place on land. Students will be provided with a wetsuit along with a safety helmet and a lifejacket, both must be worn by all students when instructed. The day will include kayaking, an obstacle course and teamwork activities. For more information click here.
What will your son need to bring with him?
- A packed lunch
- A plastic bag to place wet clothes into
- An old pair of runners
- A towel
- Suitable swimming shorts/togs
- Old clothes which can be used for the obstacle course
Students do not have to wear their uniform on the day.
On Tuesday, September 21st all student must meet their teachers in the school yard at 8.55am where they will meet the bus and an attendance roll will be taken. The bus will leave the school at 9am, therefore it is vital you arrive on time. We aim to return to the school around 4pm therefore it if you usually collect your son at 3:45pm, alternative arrangements may need to be considered.
- Due to COVID-19 masks must be worn on the bus to and from the venue. Failure to comply with this rule is a serious breach of our school’s health and safety guidelines and a serious breach of our Code of Behaviour.
- All parents/guardians must fill out the health and safety and the online permission form both which are available from https://northmonastery.ie/curriculum/transition-year/
- Both forms must be signed before your son can go on this trip.
Oysterhaven Trip 2021
Please make sure to fill out these two forms:
A letter will be provided to all students on Tuesday September 14th, 2021 giving further information about this trip.