The Green Flag Committee plays a vital role in leading environmental stewardship within our school and the wider community. Our dedicated team made up of students and staff lead the way as we attempt to meet the ‘7- step programme’ as initiated by the Green-Schools Programme.
In the North Monastery Co-educational Secondary School, we promote active citizenship and care for our environment everyday within our teaching and within our community.Green Flag Awards:
North Monastery Secondary School is proud of its current Green Flag status for waste management & recycling, energy, and water consumption. We will begin on the next phase of the flag from September 2020.
Our Green Schools Committee is made up of teaching staff and students from across each year group. They meet every Thursday at lunchtime to hold meetings regarding projects being run in the school. Committee members for 2023-2023 include:
- Chairperson: To be elected in September 2023
- Secretary: To be elected in September 2023
- Flag Coordinator: Ms. A. Collins
- Teaching staff: Mr. Coughlan, Mr. Barry, Ms. Harold, Ms. de Barra, Mr. Ruby
- Students: Jacob Egan, Sean Lynch, Diarmuid Lyons, Daniel Leahy and Piotr Pawlowski.