From November 1st to November 30th, as a school community we will work hard to maintain good attendance and uniform.
Make Every Day Count initiative
Attendance: Did you know?
- Attendance is an important life skill that will help your child both now and in their future.
- It will benefit a student’s well-being, education and career.
- Improved literacy and numeracy skills, even among those students who are struggling in school.
- Students who frequently attend school feel more connected to their community and develop strong social skills and friendships.
Uniform: Did you know?
School uniform plays a key role in promoting pride, self-confidence, and a feeling of belonging within the student body. These factors contribute to students’ wellbeing, removing the additional pressures of deciding what to wear and added stress of meeting the expectations of their peers.
Within our school a full uniform includes:
- school tie
- blue shirt
- grey trousers
- navy school jumper
- school jacket
- black Leather or a black leather type shoe
The wearing of hoodies, half-zips and/or non-school jackets are not part of the school uniform and wearing of one or more of these items is a breach of the school’s Code of Behaviour.
Throughout the month of November as a school community we will work towards maintaining good attendance and good uniform.
Parents/Guardians will be supplied with a new information leaflet in the coming days regarding this initiative supported by our DEIS Committee and the North Monastery Secondary School’s Parents Association.