Further information regarding the North Monastery Centenary Bursary is now available below.
This bursary is aimed at encouraging and assisting students to progress to apprenticeships, training, further education and third level education.
The North Monastery Centenary Bursary will be awarded to four successful student applicants.
The successful candidates will be notified in September 2021.
The successful candidates will receive a bursary for 4 years while completing their studies.
Applications can be e-mailed to the school at firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping a completed a form into the school office.
Closing time and date for all applications is September 15th at 12pm.
Terms & Conditions 2021
1. Applicants from Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Applied and Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme are eligible to apply for one of 4 annual bursaries.
2. The four successful students will be each awarded €1000 per annum, for four years, once the student is progressing through their academic studies.
3. One bursary will be specifically allocated to Leaving Certificate Applied students.
4. Bursaries will not normally be terminated nor repayment required on the basis of academic
failure, but they will not be paid during any repeat year or partial repeat year.
5. If you suspend or leave your studies, then you will not be eligible to receive any future
bursary or scholarship payments in that year.
6. If the student withdraws from their programme of study, then the bursary will be discontinued.
7. The bursary will be presented annually in the first semester of the academic year upon evidence of study.
8. The bursary recipient must be available to return to their school, at least once annually, to talk with second level students about their studies.
9. The student registration and attendance record will be checked in advance of payment and proof of progression will be required.
10. Bursaries can be allocated to those pursuing Further Education courses, apprenticeships and traineeships as well as Third Level courses.
11. Awards are allocated for 2021 entry only. If you defer or withdraw and restart, any award already offered will become void.
12. The North Monastery Centenary Bursary Committee reserves the right to terminate the scholarship at any point.
13. Selection decisions by the North Monastery Centenary Bursary Committee are final.