The Green Flag Committee plays a vital role in leading environmental stewardship within our school and the wider community. Our dedicated team made up of students and staff lead the way as we attempt to meet the ‘7- step programme’ as initiated by the Green-Schools Programme.
In the North Monastery Secondary School, we promote active citizenship and care for our environment everyday within our teaching and within our community.Green Flag Awards:
North Monastery Secondary School is proud of its current Green Flag status for waste management & recycling, energy, and water consumption. We will begin on the next phase of the flag from September 2020.
Our Green Schools Committee is made up of teaching staff and students from across each year group. They meet every Monday at lunchtime to hold meetings regarding projects being run in the school. Committee members for 2019-2020 include:
- Chairperson: Lee Quilligan (6th Year)
- Secretary: Adam O’Mahony (6th Year)
- Green Flag Coordinator: Ms. Coleman
- Teaching staff: Mr. Barry, Mr. Healy, Ms Barry, Mr. Coughlan, and Ms. Sheeran
- Students: Ryan O’Sullivan, Luke O’ Connor Hogan, Owen Roache, Eoin Mc Philbin, Cian Boland, Tyrek Odebiyi, Presley Osagie, Evan Lucey, Sean O’ Lynch, Diarmuid Lyons, and Piotr Pawlowski.
- We are awarded our 3rd Green Flag for water consumption, once school resumes in the next academic year we will celebrate this important milestone.
- The Green Schools Committee and members of our Politics and Society class participated in the ‘Big Beach Clean’ in September and they attended a water workshop in the Lifetime Lab at the beginning of October.
- Students were also involved in the #Strike4Climate protest on September 21, 2019.
Contact our Green Schools Committee at email@example.com.
Learn more: greenschoolsireland.org.