Updated: August 19th, 2021
Our school community has put in place rules and routines which must be followed to keep everyone safe. The latest public health advice on returning to school is available on gov.ie/backtoschool and for the latest public health information on COVID-19 go to www.hse.ie/covid19.
What is COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
The Ombudsman for Children provides a student-friendly resource regarding any questions you may have about COVID-19. Click here for more information.
What should I do if I have symptoms when in school?
Notify your subject teacher or Year Head as soon as you display symptoms. Your teacher/Year Head will assist you and school management will notify your parents/guardians you are feeling unwell. If you are displaying symptoms prior to arriving in school notify your parents/guardians and do not come to school until COVID-19 can be ruled out.
What rules and routines are in place for this academic year?
We will follow the same rules and routines are last year.
- Keep a distance of 2 metres or more
- Wear a mask at all times when inside the school building. For your safety and for the safety of others, your mask MUST cover your nose, mouth, and chin.
- Maintaining proper coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- Regularly wash and sanitise your hands.
- Wipe your desk and chair down before and after use
- Observe the assigned seating protocols
- Follow the one-way system within the school building.
Cover Your Cough and Sneeze
Click the image below to get information about what to do when you cough or sneeze.
How to Properly Wash Your Hands
Click below to watch a video by the HSE and WHO about how to properly wash your hands.
Click the image above to view the poster for proper hand hygiene in the English language.
COVID-19: Help Prevent Coronavirus
To download the English language poster, click the image above.
How To Use Face Coverings
To download the poster, click the image above.
COVID-19 Information & Guidelines:
- HSE Guidelines: www.hse.ie/covid19
- Department of Education & Skills – Back to School: www.gov.ie/backtoschool
- Ombudsman for Children