New Junior Cycle Programme
The Framework for Junior Cycle (2015) gives schools greater flexibility to design programmes that are suited to the needs of their junior cycle students and to the particular context of the school. Each school’s programme:
- will be guided by the twenty-four statements of learning, eight principles, and eight key skills that are at the core of the new Junior Cycle
- will encompass learning in subjects or a combination of subjects and short courses
- will include an area of learning entitled Wellbeing
- will provide a range of other learning experiences
- may include priority learning units (PLUs) that will help to provide a junior cycle programme that is appropriate to the needs of particular students with significant special educational needs.
Schools will have the flexibility and discretion to decide what combination of subjects, short courses or other learning experiences will be provided in their three-year junior cycle programme.
Please click links below of the assessment criteria and extra information for the new Junior Cycle Programme: